Community Wind is Ready to Deliver, both to combat climate change, and to provide rural economic development.
Windustry® promotes Community Wind as a robust economic engine for rural communities that:
- Deploys large amounts of green energy more quickly than the alternatives
- Stimulates new, expanded and sustainable revenues
- Creates new green jobs that stay in the community
- Increases local and national energy security
- Empowers communities to become producers of their own energy and economic future
- Saves money
Windustry is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization funded through grants and donations from individuals, families, and businesses. Donations support our work in educating rural communities about wind energy, Community Wind, and innovative ownership models; providing continuous updates to the Community Wind Toolbox; presenting webinars on key topics in wind energy; providing technical assistance to communities interested in launching wind energy projects; and advocating for public policy that advances Community Wind.
Become a Friend of Windustry and Help Community Wind Grow.
Join Windustry in this work by making a tax-deductible financial donation today. Select a Friend of Windustry level or set your own level of giving.
|Individuals & Families|| |
Friend of Windustry
|$25||Gentle Breeze||Nothing better on a hot summer day||$100|
|$50||Zephyr||An ancient Greek name for the west wind||$250|
|$100||Chinook||A warm down-slope foehn wind in the Rocky Mountains, also known as the Snow Eater||$500|
|$250||Maestro||A northwesterly wind with fine weather found on the coasts of Corsica and Sardinia||$1,000|
|Set your |
|Nor'wester||A very warm wind blowing for days on end in Canterbury, New Zealand||Set your|
Become a Friend of Windustry Today
- Mail: Please use this form to fill out and mail in to join.
- Phone: Please call 1-888-818-0936 to join over the phone.
- Online: To make an online donation or set-up a recurring donation online through JustGive.org.
You are welcome to review Windustry's financial reports and deliverables through Guidestar, a third-party nonprofit certifier. Please follow the icon below to their website.
*Membership dues and donations are tax deductible.
Our main volunteering opportunity is at the Minnesota State Fair in August. Please check the website for updates. Thank you!