Custer, WI - Each year the MREA Energy Fair transforms rural Central Wisconsin into the global hot spot for renewable energy education. The Energy Fair brings over 20,000 people from nearly every state in the U.S. and several countries around the world to learn, connect with others and ready them for action at home. The Energy Fair is the nation's longest running energy education event of its kind.
The Energy Fair features:
- Over 275 exhibitors - sustainable living and energy products
- Over 200 workshops - from introductory level to hands-on education
- Clean Energy Car Show - demonstration vehicles and workshops
- Green Home Pavilion - focused on building and remodeling in a sustainable way
- Sustainable Tables - workshops, chef demos, and a farmers market bringing sustainability to your dinner table
- Inspirational keynotes, lively entertainment, great food, and local beer.
On Saturday, June 19, 2010, join us to hear an inspirational keynote address from noted environmentalist, activist and author, Bill McKibben. Bill is the founder of 350.org, an international climate campaign. He frequently writes about global warming, alternative energy, and the risks associated with human genetic engineering. Beginning in the summer of 2006, he led the organization of the largest demonstrations against global warming in American history.
The Energy Fair is held in Custer, WI just seven miles east of Stevens Point. Join us for the 21st Annual Energy Fair June 18-20, 2010. For more information about the Fair, contact the Midwest Renewable Energy Association at 715-592-6595.