Grand Rapids, MI - Attend this year's premiere wind energy manufacturing event. Hosted in partnership with AWEA (American Wind Energy Association), the Michigan Economic Development Corporation and Rockford Berge, the Great Lakes Transportation Summit brings together the industry leaders in transportation and logistics management.
Learn about the competitive logistical advantages of transporting large-scale wind energy components throughout the Great Lakes region. Discover the integrated logistics platform of water, road and rail transportation solutions and hear success stories from the current wind energy supply chain in the region.
Event topics include:
- AWEA 2nd Quarter Market Report: Statistics, Market Trends and the Policy Landscape: Brad Lystra, American Wind Energy Association
- Transportation Opportunities & Challenges - A National Perspective: Sally Chope, Siemens
- Great Lakes Shipping - A Legal Perspective: Christopher Abel, Troutman Sanders LLP
- Michigan as a Logistic Hub in the Great Lakes Region: Juan López-Dóriga Escalante, Rockford Bergé
- Transporting Large Components - Multimodal Panel Discussion: Robert Chaprnka, Michigan Rail Association - John Kerr, Wayne County Port Authority - Randy Zuiderveen, Great Lakes Heavy Haul - Blaire Miller, URV USA
- Transportation Strategies - Wind Turbine Manufacturers Perspective: Tom Waggoner, Acciona Wind Energy NA - Ryan Karp, Northern Power Systems - Jeff Uecker, REpower USA Corp.