Oklahoma City, OK - REVOLUTION 2009: Oklahoma's Wind Energy Conference will further our state's discussion and commitment to increased energy security, a sustainable energy future, and sound environmental stewardship.
The conference will explore the importance of utilizing natural gas, demand-management and efficiency as partners to renewable resources as well as look at regional developments for transmission and distribution. National and local experts will discuss the best ways to capitalize on the economic development opportunities presented by wind energy, from both the landowner and the developer perspectives. Panelists will present research and models for balancing wildlife and environmental issues with wind energy development.
- Keynote Address, Denise Bode, CEO, American Wind Energy Association
- Oklahoma's Balance of Power: Wind, Natural Gas and Demand-Side Management
- Keeping it Green: Wind Power and the Environment
- The Growing Partnership Between Wind, Solar, and Natural Gas - Can it Lead Us to An Affordable, Clean, and Secure Energy Future?
- From the Ground Up: Landowner Issues in Wind Development
- Generating Success: Community and Small Wind's Growth Potential
- Getting Plugged-In: Educating and Training Oklahoma's Wind Energy Workforce
- Going Full Circle: A 360-Degree Perspective on Wind Energy and Economic Development
- Getting a Grip on the Grid: Transmission Planning for Wind Power
Oklahoma's Wind Energy Conference REVOLUTION 2009 will be December 2 and 3 in downtown Oklahoma City at the Cox Convention Center. For more information, visit www.OKWindRevolution.com or call (800) 203-5494.