Port Huron, MI
A workshop for Michigan’s renewable energy, planning and zoning for wind energy will take place Monday, March 30, at the St. Clair County Don Dodge Auditorium, 200 Grand River Ave., Port Huron.
The workshop will provide local officials, farmers, and other land owners with the tools and resources necessary to implement a strategic plan for wind energy development in their community.
This workshop will address:
- The current status of wind energy development in Michigan
- Important policy guidelines and new legislation
- How wind business development works
- Siting and zoning guidelines for wind power development
- Key steps to develop and implement local zoning regulations
- Essential resources, model codes, and Michigan Examples
A pre-registration fee is required of $55 to be sent to Gayle
Taylor-Thorne, Citizen Planner, 1405 S. Harrison Road Suite 308, East
Lansing, MI 48823
For more information please go to http://msue.stclaircounty.org where there is a flyer posted, or contact the St. Clair County MSU Extension for a flyer, which has the pre-registration form on it.