Minneapolis, MN - The Midwest is one of the nation's most valuable renewable energy regions. In this conference, leading renewable energy professionals address opportunities and challenges for developers including the business and regulatory environment for renewables in the Midwest.
The conference provides updates on the federal stimulus package, new technologies, financing and investment. You will hear about the three major areas affecting the industry: proposals for national renewable portfolio standards; greater federal control over transmission development and federal carbon regulation as well as siting and permitting challenges; ethanol and the next generation of advanced biofuels; and who should build what transmission and where.
Who should attend:
Attorneys, industry executives, governmental officials, consumer advocates and anyone involved with renewable energy infrastructure investment, public policy and resource development.
You will learn about:
• Proposals for national RPS
• Stimulus package: Is it working?
• Changing state and regional energy policy drivers
• Federal control over transmission development
• Bio-fuels update: What's next for the ethanol and biodiesel industries
• Federal carbon regulation
• Utility perspectives on the optimal generating mix
• Trends in financing and investment
• Commercializing renewable energy technology
• Transmission: Who should build what and where
• Siting and permitting challenges