Renaissance Denver Hotel, Denver, CO. - This unique course will help tribal leaders and staff understand the range of energy efficiency and renewable energy opportunities that exist within their communities. The course will focus on:
1. Determining community energy values and objectives
2. Developing the outline of a tribal strategic energy plan
3. Exploring how energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies can be used to help meet tribal objectives
4. Organizing for tribal community success.
Business and legal frameworks are necessary elements in developing and sustaining renewable energy projects. This workshop is designed to identify the business structures, financing methods, and legal and institutional frameworks needed to bring projects to reality. This unique course will help tribal leaders, tribal staff, and other interested parties understand the complexities of tribally owned energy projects and provide tools for tribal project development. The course will cover the following topics:
1. Good governance
2. Strategic planning
3. Business options and legal structures
4. Economic tools for project decision making
5. A step-by-step guide to developing energy projects
6. Federal policies and procedures for project development
7. Project financing alternatives
8. Technical assistance to tribes for project development.
Who Should Attend
This course focuses on tribal energy development and financing. The following will all benefit from participation:
* Tribal leaders and decision makers interested in economic development, job creation, and sustainable tribal communities
* Tribal economic development, planning, and natural resources staff responsible for strategic planning, project facilitation, project development, financing, and federal requirements
* Federal staff who assist tribes in all aspects of renewable energy project development and implementation
* Tribal entrepreneurs seeking to expand business activities into renewable energy and energy efficiency technology sales and implementation.
No registration fee is being charged, but advance registration is required to ensure adequate seating and availability of refreshments and food. Lunches will be provided. Travel and per diem are the individual's responsibility.
To register, please complete the following registration forms and return it to Victoria DeHerrera via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax to 303-275-4788.
* June 2009 training (MS Word 50 KB).
Renaissance Denver Hotel
3801 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80207, USA
Discounted rooms are available to meeting participants for $149.00 per night (the prevailing government per diem rate) plus tax. To make reservations at this reduced rate, call the hotel directly at 888-238-6762 and say you want the group rate for "Tribal Energy."
The deadline to receive the group rate is:
* June 1, 2009