Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) is located in WI. It hosts and Energy Fair and promotes renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living through education and demonstration.
On June 16, 1997, Sacred Heart Monastery began producing electricity from wind turbines. They had installed two, used Silver Eagle wind turbines with Micon internal workings. At the time they ventured into this project, just about everyone told them it was a “bad” idea.
This story is chronicalled on the The Benedictine Sisters of Sacred Heart Monastery Website
NEW ENERGY: A fresh look at how the Midwest is creating a green energy economy
Windustry has partnered with Twin Cities Public Television and Erika Johnson to tell the story of how wind, biofuels, and other renewable energy technologies are contributing to the region’s energy security, economic sustainability, and integrity of our natural resources.
NEW ENERGY premiered on Sunday, January 7, 2007 on MN TPT Channel 17, and since then it has appeared on:
- A wind map of North Dakota
- North Dakota Wind Energy Activities (from Wind Powering America)
- Incentives for Renewable Energy in North Dakota
Other organizations doing work with wind energy in North Dakota:
- Dakota Resource Council
- The Energy and Environment Center at the University of North Dakota
- Plains Organization for Wind Energy Resources
- The Sacred Heart Monestary in Richardton, ND
- The North Dakota Department of Commerce
- Prairie Climate Stewardship Network
- North Dakota Department of Commerce
- North Dakota Energy & Environmental Research Center