Thank you to all of our partners and volunteers for making the Wind Energy Center at the Minnesota State Fair a great success! Some highlights from 2008:
- Trying out different careers in the wind energy industry.
- Climbing inside a replica turbine tower section and seeing a video of what it's like to be inside a real wind turbine.
- Getting your wind energy questions answered by an expert.
- Pickicking up a wind energy bookmark to take home.
- Experimenting with blade design and participating in other fun activities in the Renewable Energy Kid's Corral.
- Learning about home- and farm-scale wind turbines.
We couldn't do it without our partners! Thank you to everyone who helped us bring the Wind Energy Center to hundreds of thousands of Minnesotans in 2008!
Carstensen Contracting, Inc.
Fulbright and Jaworski LLP
National Wind, LLC
Rural Energy Development Initiative
Winkelman's Environmentally Responsible Construction
Consulting Engineers Group
Faegre & Benson LLP
Jeffrey C. Paulson and Associates, Ltd.
Fryberger, Buchanan, Smith and & Frederick PA
RES Americas Inc.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Volunteers and Visitors
We had over 100 volunteers and more than 350,000 visitors during the twelve days of the fair. Stay tuned for next year's opportunities and in the meanwhile, enjoy some photos!