Inland Empire Utilities Agency Request for Proposal
Proposals are being accepted by the Inland Empire Utilities Agency Headquarters, a Municipal Water District, for a Power Purchase Agreement required for the design, installation, operation and maintenance of a Wind Turbine Power System at Regional Plant #4 (RP-4). A design-build option is also being solicited in Section 2.b.ii. This RFP provides Vendors with information to prepare and submit proposals for consideration by the Agency.
The Agency operates five regional waste treatment plants within its 242-square mile operating area. The combined power usage of these facilities is 11 megawatts. The purpose of the proposed Wind Turbine system construction is to displace the power purchased at RP-4 and IERCF during peak utility rates.
The Agency seeks to obtain the services of a vendor to provide a Wind turbine system installation under a Power Purchase Agreement or a Design-Build Option. The scope of the services proposed includes:
1) Develop methodologies to fully utilize existing local Class 3 Area wind speed of 13 mph average (Reference Attachment "Q," Wind Speed Class Map, source: National Renewal Energy Lab);
2) Provide engineering design, inspection and construction oversight;
3) Prepare turnkey design, calculations, construction plans, specifications, schedule, and cost estimates; and
4) Provide, construct, test, and commission a complete Wind Turbine system under the Design-Build option. Provide, construct, test, commission, operate and maintain a complete Wind Turbine system under the Power Purchase Agreement option and for the term of the PPA.
5) Design shall comply with all Self-Generation Incentive Program SGIP Handbook and performance requirements, including those enacted changes by the California Legislature, California Energy Commission, and Southern California Edison. Vendor shall also submit all applicable forms to The Gas Company as required in the Conditional Reservation Notice.
UPDATE: In order to ensure allowing enough and fair time for proposers on the Wind Turbine PPA/Design Built Project, and to maximum the number of competitive cost proposals, we wish to extend the due date for receiving the cost proposal two (2) weeks so that they are due on February 8th, 2010. With the above, all questions must be received in writing via email no later than 1700 hours, Thursday January 21, 2010. We will respond to all the questions by Friday January 22, 2010.
See the RFP document and Network Bid System link below.