Windustry at the 2010 Minnesota State Fair
The Wind Energy Center is an interactive, museum-quality display within the Eco Experience at the Minnesota State Fair, in partnership with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Developed and presented by Windustry, it teaches hundreds of thousands of Minnesotans each year about our great wind resource and how wind energy can provide both environmental and economic benefits to Minnesotans. This will be the fifth year of the Wind Energy Center, and promises to be the best yet, inspiring visitors to actively support and participate in small, midsize, and large wind energy development in Minnesota.
Over 350,000 fairgoers will visit the Wind Energy Center to:
- Climb inside a replica turbine tower section, and see a video of what it's like to be inside a real wind turbine.
- See small wind turbines that can help power homes and businesses.
- Get the most up-to-date information regarding stimulus funding and other federal and state financial incentives for wind energy.
- Have wind energy questions answered by an industry expert.
- See what it's like to Work in Wind with life-size cutouts of a farmer/landowner, lawyer, and wind turbine technician!
- Sign up for a chance to win a framed Windustry Poster.
Volunteers play a vital role in making our exhibit a success. Serving as a collective voice for Windustry, volunteers help fairgoers interact with our exhibit and answer questions regarding wind energy. Thanks to all of our 2010 Wind Energy Center Volunteers!
The volunteer application deadline has passed, but we still have a few evening shifts available. For more information contact Windustry at 612-870-3472 or email@example.com.
Wind Energy Center Partners
We can't do it without our partners! For information on how to become a Partner of the 2010 Wind Energy Center, contact Samantha Smart Merritt, Windustry Development Director at 612-870-3474 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Consulting Engineers Group|
Fryberger, Buchanon, Smith & Frederick, P.A
HDR Engineering, Inc.
Paulson Law Office, Ltd.