Europe has a very successful feed-in tariff program for renewable energy. Under this type of program priority of interconnection to the grid is given to energy produced from renewable sources, premium rates are paid to generate a reasonable profit for investors of a renewable energy project and standardized 20-year term contracts. Germany is the leading country in this type of payment program and has dramatically increased its renewable energy production so much that it had met its 2010 renewable energy goal by 2007.
Windustry’s Community Wind Energy 2008 was a national conference bringing economic development, agriculture and wind energy together to advance opportunities for locally-owned clean energy production. Over 400 attendees from 36 states, 4 provinces and 5 countries shared experiences and information to harness the growing momentum for new models, new policies and new projects.
- Community Wind Energy Update Meeting at WINDPOWER 2008
- Fill Your Tank with Wind Energy
- Community Wind Energy 2008 Wrap-Up
We're pleased to announce the addition of a new tool in the Community Wind Toolbox: a chapter all about Power Purchase Agreements.
- Los Angeles Breaks Ground on Nation's Largest City-Owned Wind Farm
- ProductionTax Credit Update
- 2XtM Snowkiters Raise Wind Energy Awareness Across ND
- Sacramento Municipal Utility Releases RFP for Renewable Energy