This webinar was hosted by Windustry with support from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory on May 18, 2010. The webinar provided a discussion of discuss environmental assessments for land-based wind energy development in and near communities along the Great Lakes.
Presenters for the webinar included:
- David Stout, Chairman of the Wind Turbine Guidelines Advisory Committee, US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Charles McKeown, Renewable Energy Policy Program Manager, MSU Land Policy Institute
- Michael D. Ernst, Esq., Director, Regulatory Affairs, Tetra Tech
Play the Webinar
This recording requires use of a compatible media player for Windows Media Video (WMV).
Download slides from the webinar:
- "Recommendations to the Secretary of the Interior from the Wind Turbine Guidelines Advisory Committee" - David J. Stout
- "Wind in the Coastal Great Lakes: the Conundrum for Communities" - Charles McKeown
- "Environmental & Permitting Challenges for Great Lakes Wind Power Development" - Michael D. Ernst, Esq.
The Environmental Assessments in the Great Lakes Region webinar and slides are copyrighted by their respective owners and may not be distributed in any format without the explicit written permission of the copyright owners.