This panel focused on challenges faced by almost every community wind project: financing, raising equity, and using the federal production tax credit (PTC). Panelists will address key questions such as: how community wind projects are taking advantage of the PTC, what kinds of deals are being made, what equity investors are looking for in a project, and whether institutional investors are interested in community wind projects. There will be two short presentations, followed by an advanced discussion and questions and answers with the speakers and panelists.
Moderator: Keith Martin, Partner, Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Using the Production Tax Credit James Duffy, Partner, Nixon Peabody LLP
- David Brija-Towery, Business Development Manager, John Deere Wind Energy
- Ward C. Marshall, Babcock & Brown
- John P. Harper, Principal, Birch Tree Capital, LLC
- Tim MacDonald, Senior Vice President, Meridian Clean Fuels, LLC
Listen to audio of these presentations:
Click here to download a summary of these presentations.