Join Windustry in Albany, NY for the premier national conference bringing agriculture and wind energy together to advance opportunities for locally-owned clean energy production and rural economic development. We will share experiences and information to harness the growing momentum for new models, new policies and new projects.
What is Community Wind? Community wind energy projects come in many shapes and sizes, all sharing significant elements of local ownership and participation (public or private). This new economic opportunity for rural communities can build support for renewable energy in general while maximizing the local economic benefits of wind energy development.
What to expect at Community Wind Energy 2008:
- See a snapshot of what community wind and other clean energy can mean in your community.
- Hear from wind experts, agricultural producers, tribes, and rural landowners who have developed community wind projects.
- Meet potential project financers.
- Engage in discussions about all sizes of wind turbines—from home and farm scale machines to mid-size and commercial-scale machines.
- Shop the extensive wind industry exhibit floor.
- Gather to advance the dialogue on what’s next for community wind!
Who will attend?
Rural landowners, elected officials, farmers, ranchers, business leaders, tribal representatives, economic development professionals, lenders, bankers, city planners, and community leaders will be in attendance.
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is a partnering sponsor of this event.
For more information, contact Windustry:
Click the link below to download a printable version of this flyer.
Click here to sign up for our email list if you'd like to receive updates as they're available!