The Minnesota Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs), via the University of Minnesota Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (U of MN Regional Partnerships) and Southwest Regional Development Commission (SRDC), seek to provide limited financial assistance for energy efficiency and/or renewable energy projects requiring technical assistance.
Project funding can support technical assistance services (i.e., labor costs), such as consultant, design professional, installer or student labor, for projects in one of the following six Minnesota CERT regions: Central, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest and West Central.
The primary objectives of this funding project are to:
- Encourage the implementation of community-based energy efficiency and renewable energy projects in CERT regions
- Provide a forum for community education about energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and their economic, ecological and community benefits.
Funding for these projects is provided through: (1) the Minnesota Department of Commerce, (2) the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, and (3) the Blandin Foundation.
To be eligible for consideration for funding, each applicant must:
- Be located within one of the six greater Minnesota CERT regions: Central, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest or West Central (www.cleanenergyresourceteams.org/map.html); and
- Seek funding for technical assistance support meaning labor costs, not hardware or material costs; and
- Must not be for work completed prior to award of project funding; and
- Demonstrate the committed resources, funding and ability to complete the project by December 31, 20084; and
- Demonstrate the ability and commitment to serve as a community-wide educational resource for renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Proposals MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY BY 4:30 PM,
NOVEMBER 16th, 2007, to the contacts listed in the Attachment.
Selections will be made by each regional CERT by December 21st, 2007.
Award notification will be made by January 4th, 2008.
Projects must be completed, and final reports submitted, by December 31st, 2008.
Funds up to the grant amount will be reimbursed for eligible expenses upon project completion.
See the attached PDF for more information.