Wind agreements are long term and legally binding, making it crucial for you to review them carefully and investigate anything you don’t clearly understand. You should always consult an attorney before signing anything.
There are many questions you should ask before signing on the dotted line. Here are a few to start with:
- How much of my land will be tied up and for how long?
- How much will I be paid and how will I receive payments?
- How will this contract affect my ability to use my land for other purposes?
- Are there any adverse tax consequences for me?
- Are the payments adequate now, and will they be adequate in the future?
- Is signing this contract compatible with my family’s and my goals for our land?