Cedar Rapids, IA - Renewable Energy Training Series - See below for more dates in this series.
Beginning May 8th, 2010, I-Renew will proudly kick off our much anticipated Renewable Energy Training Series held in conjunction with the Midwest Renewable Energy Association. These workshops will include introductory classes and site assessor training in Solar Photovoltaics (PV), Solar Hot Water (Solar Thermal), and Small Wind Systems. Classes will be held every month through October at Indian Creek Nature Center in Cedar Rapids, IA. They offer a convenient local venue to attend MREA’s gold standard training classes and are a fantastic way to gain knowledge and experience within the growing renewable energy field. Participants in the introductory workshops will learn how basic systems work, diagram the system types, describe and identify components, understand the best application and limitations of each system type, make energy efficiency recommendations, estimate system loads, and understand the basics of renewable energy site assessment.
Introductory courses are followed by the Site Assessor Training class where participants will learn how to perform a site assessment for a home or business. This is done through training with site assessment tools, system sizing, system recommendation, energy efficiency recommendation, load analysis, array placement options resource analysis, cost estimates, site assessment reporting, web based performance calculators, and installer and equipment recommendation. Certified Site Assessors are renewable energy consultants who conduct site visits, complete load analysis, recommend site-specific renewable energy systems, and give clients a general cost analysis for renewable energy systems complete with return on investment data.
The Renewable Energy Training Workshops will provide an excellent stepping stone to MREA Site Assessor Certification in the specialty of your choice. It is a tremendous opportunity for professionals looking to expand their skill base as well as for students looking to make themselves more marketable to potential employers or begin an entrepreneurial venture.
- PV 101 Basic Photovoltaics May 8th, 2010
- PV 201 Photovoltaic Site Assessor Training June 5th, 2010
- SW 101 Solar Domestic Hot Water Systems June 11th, 2010
- SW 201 Solar Hot Water Site Assessor Training June 12th, 2010
- W 101 Introduction to Wind Systems July 7th, 2010
- W 201 Small Wind Site Assessor Training July 8th-10th, 2010
- SW 101 Solar Domestic Hot Water Systems July 24th, 2010
- SW 201 Solar Hot Water Site Assessor Training August 7th, 2010
- W 101 Introduction to Wind Systems August 21st, 2010
- W 201 Small Wind Site Assessor Training September 16th-18th, 2010
- PV 101 Basic Photovoltaics Ocotober 9th, 2010
- PV 201 Photovoltaic Site Assessor Training October 23rd, 2010
Iowa Renewable Energy Association · PO Box 3405, Iowa City, IA 52244-3405 · (319) 338-1076