Washington, DC - The need for leadership on U.S. energy policy has never been more important. Soon a new Congress will convene and a slate of new governors will take office, presenting an opportunity to find common ground on the critical issues facing renewable energy.
The Phase II National Policy Forum will lay the groundwork for a new, collaborative national renewable energy policy agenda. It will explore the key issues on renewable energy supply, national security, economic development and jobs, and the environment and climate. It will define a new platform of commitment, innovation, finance and education.
Together, policy makers and the renewable energy sector need to define a strong policy agenda for our nation's abundant domestic renewable energy resources. This new, non-partisan policy agenda would send a strong signal to private capital markets, ensuring the availability of the financing and investment capital necessary for a national renewable energy scale-up.
The program will provide discussion of the key issues. Each panel will begin with a topical presentation, followed by a conservative point of view and a liberal point of view, followed by a moderated give-and-take discussion to identify points of agreement and disagreement. An ACORE conference co-chair will moderate the panel, and a second co-chair will serve to summarize.
- Dan E. Arvizu, Director, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Neil Auerbach, Managing Partner, Hudson Clean Energy Partners
- Roger Ballentine, President, Green Strategies Inc.
- Jeff Broin, Chief Executive Officer, POE
- McKie Campbell, Staff Director, United States Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Michael Eckhart, President, ACORE
- Ed Feo, Managing Partner, USRG Renewable Finance
- Lisa Frantzis, Managing Director, Navigant Consulting
- John Geesman, Co-Chairman, ACORE
- Hank Habicht, Managing Partner, Sail Venture Partners
- Denis Hayes, President, Bullitt Foundation
- Bob Inglis, Congressman (SC-4), US Congress
- Gary Locke, U.S. Secretary of Commerce, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Andrew Lundquist, President, BlueWater Strategies
- Dennis V. McGinn (USN, Retired), Chairman & CEO, RemoteReality Corporation
- Dan Reicher, Director of Climate Change and Energy Initiatives, Google
- Kevin Smith, Chief Executive Officer, SolarReserve
- Alex Urquhart, President & CEO, GE Energy Financial Services
- Jon Wellinghoff, Chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Ethan Zindler, Head of North American Research, Bloomberg New Energy Finance