Times are EST - This webinar is designed for attendance by the general public, local officials, state regulators, facility siting decision-makers, policy-makers, and others interested in a review of objective information on the impacts of wind energy. This is the fifth in a series of free webinars by the New England Wind Energy Education Project (NEWEEP), funded by the DOE Wind Powering America Initiative. The webinar will include a panel of experts in the fields of visual assessment, landscape architecture, and environmental planning with a question & answer session.
- Thomas Priestley, Senior Environmental Planner, CH2MHill
- Matthew Allen, Principal, Saratoga Associates
- Richard Lampeter, Senior Scientist, Epsilon Associates
The presentations and discussion will provide webinar participants with an understanding of:
- What shadow flicker is, and how it is created;
- The methodologies used to forecast when, where, and how much shadow flicker will occur;
- How forecasted data are analyzed to estimate the potential impact on nearby receptors;
- The current landscape of state and local regulations, ordinances and guidance documents, and their role in the wind project permitting process;
- Available mitigation and management practices; and,
- Areas in need of additional research and analysis.
RSVP and Log-in Information
To register for the NEWEEP Webinar #5 please email:[email protected]
To register for NEWEEP Webinar #5 and sign-up for future webinar invitations, please email: [email protected]
To receive log-in instructions and dial-in phone number, you must RSVP. Please include your name, organization, and state. Your RSVP will ensure that we reserve the correct number of phone lines.