The Meeting on Great Lakes Regional Wind Energy was held on March 1-2, 2010 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Attendees heard presentations on a variety of topics, including: transmission planning and strategy for the great lakes region, wind project economics, renewable energy credit markets and state renewable portfolio standards, and challenges and opportunities in siting wind projects. Please see below for the agenda and archived presentations.
Transmission Planning and Strategy Panel:
- Dave Corbus, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Jennifer Curran, Midwest Independent System Operator
- Lisa Barton, American Electric Power
- Terry Harvill, ITC Holdings Corp.
Update from the Great Lakes Commission, Victoria Pebbles, Great Lakes Commission
Wind Energy Project Economics Panel:
- Tony Kuykendall, Business Development Manager, Performance Services
Regional REC and RPS Best Practices, Jennifer Alvarado, Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association
Midwestern Greenhouse Gas Reduction Accord, Jesse Heier, Midwestern Governer's Association
Wind Energy Siting: Challenges and Opportunities: