What types of training or degrees do I need to work in wind?

While many of the jobs listed do not require specific “wind energy” degrees,” there are some that call for special training. Some people go to college for traditional degrees in the following, and then specialize in wind on their own accord:

  • Mechanical or electrical engineering
  • Public Policy
  • Business - Finance
  • Computer science
  • Aerodynamics
  • Atmospheric science

Other wind specific training can include:

  • Installation and Maintenance (Small and Large)
  • Resource Assessment and Forecasting
  • Renewable Energy Credit Trading
  • Turbine Design